1 Day tour of Lut desert & Shazdeh Garden
They say sunset at Kaluts (or Kalouts) is one of the most surreal experiences, and we agree. how about you? In this Lut desert tour we will take you to fascinating Dasht-e Lut (Iran’s first natural world heritage); visit many sites on our way (like Nebka mounds, Qanat systems and salt river*) and finally you will reach the outstanding Kalouts (it’s not actually a desert but some call it as “Kalout Desert“) for seeing the sunset**.
Later we will see visit and conclude our journey by seeing the Shazdeh Garden of Mahan.
* Salt River may be dry in summers
** There is a chance that sky is not clear due to clouds or dust
In Lut we will visit Nebka Mounds, qanat systems (ancient water system in Iran) Salt River and Egg Hills and later, we reach the Kalouts before sunset. Taking as mush time as we need, we will cherish the solitude that can be only found in Lut. Meanwhile, taking the most precious souvenir to get, photos.
After sunset we will visit Shazdeh garden of Mahan which is among the 9 gardens that were inscribed by UNESCO’s World Heritage List and you will be amazed by how the Persian gardens work and why this is the best in the word.
Eventually in the early night time we will go back to Kerman.
Starts: 2 p.m. *
Ends: 10 p.m. *
Driving Hours: 7-8 hours
Highlights: Nebka mounds, Kalouts, Salt river, Egg hills, Shazdeh garden
Transport: New car in good condition with AC
Options: Camel Riding, 4×4, Traditional hammam
Children Friendly: Yes
* Timetable may vary a little throughout the year.
- 1 day
- Best time: Winters
- Group size: Up to 12
- Physical rating: 1 out of 5
- Age group: +8
- One person: 100€
- Two persons: 65€ per person
- Three persons: 55€ per person
- Four persons: 45€ per person
You Might Also Like:
- Highlights: sunset of Kaluts, sunrise in sand dunes, swimming in Keshit oasis, ridge mountains, Nebka mounds, Jahar oasis, Qenat, living with locals & …
- From €70 and it can get even cheaper by excluding some of the attractions